At Peter George Electrical Ltd we know that your privacy is important. The following notice explains how we use the personal information that you provide to us.
How we obtain your personal information
Personal data is ordinarily collected directly from the company or individual it relates to. We will only collect data which is necessary in the circumstances. You have the right to refuse to disclose data which you feel is unnecessary or inappropriate.
Your personal data may occasionally be provided by a third party, however only if completely necessary to carry out a task such as work at your property or contacting you regarding this.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- In order to obtain your name, address and contact details for the purposes of carrying out work, invoicing, sharing relevant documents and contacting you.
- To enable us to efficiently deal with any enquiries you may have.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
- For the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment.
When a job is complete we hold your information on our electronic system for the purposes of any further action which may be required in respect of any of the work we have completed for you, for future reference, and possible further work. This is for reference only and is not shared with any other parties.
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties such as a supplier, or a solicitor in the case of debt recovery. We will only ever share the data which is relevant to the task at hand – for example providing your address (only) to a supplier for a delivery.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of trading and other agreements;
- in response to a request from a governmental authority (including a regulator);
- If necessary for debt recovery purposes, we may also obtain additional information about you beyond that provided by the individual or company.
We do not use your data for automated decision making.
We do not transfer any data outside Europe
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that (a) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and/or providing you with goods and services; and/or (b) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Categories of data processed
The data we collect and hold on individuals will always fall under ‘personal data’. We will never collect, hold, or provide data which falls under “special categories of personal data”.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
- Be informed that we hold your data and be aware of how it is used.
- Request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information.
- Correct inaccurate personal information.
- Request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances.
- Receive your personal information upon request
- Object to and/or restrict your data being subjected to automated decision-making including profiling.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory authority in the case of a breach.
Subject access request procedure
You may request that we supply your personal data which we hold.
You can do this via our online contact form: http://www.petergeorgeelectrical.co.uk/contact-us/
Or by post to: Peter George Electrical Ltd, Wooth Old Farm, Wooth, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 5LE
We will provide this within one month of receipt, provided it is requested on reasonable grounds.
We have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive – in the case of a refusal we must provide information on why it is not required or appropriate.
Any information to which you are entitled will be provided, subject to the exemptions stipulated in applicable data protection laws.
Requests for data portability
Upon request, we can transmit personal data in structured, commonly used and machine readable formats.
We use secure methods to transmit personal data.
We have processes in place to ensure that we respond to a request for data portability without undue delay and within one month of receipt.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, taking into account information needed for product guarantee or recall purposes, applicable legal requirements including accounting purposes, and limitation periods.
If you have not used our services for a long period of time, your data will be removed unless it is deemed necessary to obtain this, in line with data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us at any time via our online contact form, http://www.petergeorgeelectrical.co.uk/contact-us/
or by post to: Peter George Electrical Ltd, Wooth Old Farm, Wooth, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 5LE